You Know You’re A Mom was written by the bestselling author, Harry H. Harrison Jr. It was published by Thomas Nelson. It is a small hardback book with a bright floral cover and filled with quotes for moms to relate to. The book has 7 sections for moms of different stages: pregnant moms, moms of a baby, toddler moms, moms of school aged children, working mom, teen moms and moms of adult kids. Some of them are funny, some of them are sentimental and some of them you may not get yet. It is a fun book to pick up and flip through or to quote with your mom friends for a little smile.
When you have kids, your life changes forever. It becomes more wonderful, more chaotic, more ironic and more humorous. Sometimes just to keep my sanity, I have to cling to those crazy moments or things I never thought I’d say (like don’t stick that up your nose!) and share with other moms because I know I’m not alone in this crazy thing.
Before I even knew this book existed, I started compiling my own list of – You know you’re a mom when…..
1. The word privacy means come on in, lets see how many people we can fit in here.
2. You’ve reheated your coffee so many times that you decide to just make it iced.
3. When you have to check your shirt for boogers, stickers or to make sure you have matching shoes before going out into public.
4. You may or may not be known to hide in your closet to eat a candy bar.
5. You find a bouncy ball in your bra when you’re getting ready for bed that you took away from the kids 12 hours prior.
There are a lot of statements in the book that I could relate too. I was hoping there were more funny ones, because I am fueled by the humor of motherhood. It was a cute little book, but overall, I would not say it’s a must have. It didn’t make me laugh aloud like I hoped it would. It might be a fun book to give as a gift, but I almost think that you could have more fun polling your mom friends on Facebook (or a blog) for their own personal answers.
So let’s do it!
I want to hear your “You Know You’re A Mom” moments! Share in the comments!
I received this book free from the publisher through the BookLook Bloggers book review bloggers program. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255 : “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.