I can’t go to my in-laws without coming home with excess food. It’s a huge blessing and of course, it’s always the good stuff that we don’t usually splurge on. This time, we went to celebrate my mother-in-laws birthday and threw her a surprise party. Here’s a picture of the guys with the spread as we wait for the birthday girl to show up. Didn’t they do a good job? I only helped a little bit. Honestly. My husband is the good looking redhead on the right.
And here’s the birthday girl and your’s truly. I am so blessed to have married into such a great family.
Anyways, we came home with some yummy party leftovers. One of them being shrimp from the shrimp cocktail. One of my favorite seafood dishes is a good garlicky buttery shrimp scampi. I have used wine before and I have broiled it in the oven before, but I like this recipe because it is quick, easy and just as delicious when I don’t have wine on hand for cooking.
So we’re going to start by melting our butter and olive oil together on a medium heat. Add the minced garlic and red pepper flakes and saute for about a minute.
Increase your heat a smidgen (That’s a fun word! Say it 5 times fast, I dare ya.) and then add your shrimp. Shell on or shell off? It’s really up to you. I left the shell on because the shell helps infuse more flavor and gives a better presentation, but then they’re a little messier to eat. Either way is fine. Saute shrimp for a couple minutes, then turn shrimp over and do the same to the other side.
Don’t overcook your shrimp. You want a nice pink opaque color. (3-4 min. for large shrimp & 2 1/2-3 1/2 min. for medium shrimp & 2-2 1/2 min. for small shrimp) Remove from heat and toss in lemon juice, sprinkle with parsley or cilantro and top with fresh cracked pepper.
I demolished these things. The garlic got a little caramelized and I didn’t care that they were messy because they’re just so good. What is your favorite way to eat shrimp?
- 1 lb. Thawed Shrimp
- 2 TBS. Nudo Garlic Infused Olive Oil
- 3 TBS. Salted Butter
- 1 1/2 TBS. Minced Garlic
- 2 TBS. Lemon Juice
- 1 tsp. Red Pepper Flakes
- Chopped Fresh Parsley or Cilantro (for garnish)
- Salt & Pepper
- Heat butter and olive oil in a pan on medium. Stir in the garlic and red pepper flakes.
- Saute garlic until it begins to brown at the edges, then add the shrimp.
- Move shrimp so they are in an even layer and saute for two minutes.
- Stir the shrimp and turn them over to saute other side. Continue to cook on medium heat for another minute or two. Don’t overcook.
- Remove the pan from the heat, add lemon juice and toss to coat.
- Sprinkle with with parsley or cilantro and top with fresh cracked black pepper.
This post is sponsored by my favorite olive oils at Nudo. They have a really cool program where you can adopt an olive tree from Italy. Check it out here: Adopt an olive tree from Nudo Adopt. Thanks for reading and thank you for supporting the brands who support me!