My friend was having a surprise birthday brunch for his wife, where we all brought something to share. So I looked in my fridge. I didn’t have time to whip up anything from scratch and I didn’t want to just run to the store and buy something, even though I’ve done that plenty of times. Anyways, I saw two cans of crescent rolls and I thought to myself….”Self, you can do something with those.” So I did. I used to work at Starbucks and we sold a yummy chocolate crescent. Well, I had chocolate chips, but wait, what are those in the orange bag? Reese’s Peanut Butter Chips?! Yes, that will do. Especially considering that I know the birthday girl loves Reese’s. Here is the super easy recipe that can be thrown together at the last minute. They should be served warm, but if you make them ahead of time, you can just pop them in the microwave for 20-25 sec. to make them all melty and gooey again. Here’s all you need:
Semi-sweet chocolate chips, Reese’s peanut butter chips and crescent rolls. You can use any brand, but I especially like Pillsbury. They are a great size and bake up fluffy and flaky. Okay ladies, start your engi….just preheat your oven to 350.
Pop your can open and separate into pre-cut triangles, then generously sprinkle with a combination of both baking chips. You can even be adventurous and try other flavors too. This just happens to be my favorite. Roll according to directions into the classic crescent shape. Place on an ungreased cookie sheet and bake for approximately 10-12 min. or until the tops are a light golden brown.
Sprinkling with powdered sugar is optional, but makes them look a little nicer. Now dig in and enjoy! What are some of your favorite brunch items?
- Pillsbury Crescent Rolls
- Semi Sweet Chocolate Chips (Mini or Regular)
- Reeses Peanut Butter Chips
- Powdered Sugar (optional)
- Preheat your oven to 350.
- Pop open your can of crescent rolls and separate.
- Sprinkle chocolate chips and peanut butter chips generously on each triangle.
- Roll from widest edge to skinniest into traditional crescent roll form.
- Place on an ungreased cookie sheet and bake for 10-12 min. or until lightly golden.
- Best served warm, but maybe be reheated in microwave before serving.