The weather is getting cooler and although it is not technically fall, we are almost there. With fall, comes many wonderful flavors and comforts and like most, pumpkin is one of my favorites. Here is a deliciously simple recipe for pumpkin bread or pumpkin muffins. It is moist and perfect for sharing with friends. Top with Land O’Lakes European Style Premium butter for extra flavor and richness.
- 1 can pumpkin puree (15 oz.)
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 2/3 cup water
- 3 cups sugar
- 3 1/2 cups flour
- 3 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
- 2 tsp. baking soda
- 1 1/2 tsp. salt
- Optional: (Raw/Turbinado sugar for sprinkling on top before baking)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease and flour two 9 x 5 inch loaf pans or prepare muffin cups.
- In a large bowl, mix together pumpkin puree, eggs, oil, vanilla, water and sugar until well blended.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, salt and pumpkin pie spices.
- Stir the dry ingredients into the pumpkin mixture until just blended.
- Pour into the prepared pans.
- Bake for about 30 min. for muffins or mini loaves and 1 hr. for loaf pans, but check when bread looks done (because every oven bakes differently.
- Bread is done when toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.