Another Tuesday means another great day for tacos! I was trying to think of a new taco type dish for my family that was a little different than the usual tacos, taco salad or bean burritos (yes, a little stretch, but still in the same family). I decided to make something a little more fun, a Mexican Tostada Pizza! Taco Bell has something similar on their menu, but I think they are WAY better when they’re homemade. I must confess though, I do love adding some Taco Bell Mild Sauce to my re-fried beans. You can buy them at the store…..or dig through your car for all those extra packets you save….you know you have some. I can’t be the only one who does this! I like using flour tortillas, but you could use corn too. This makes a great meal or you can serve it as an appetizer.
- Flour Tortillas (+oil for frying)
- Re-fried Beans
- Ground Beef (Seasoned or Not)
- Shredded Cheese
- Shredded Lettuce
- Sour Cream
- Other toppings optional: diced onions, jalapenos, etc.
- Brown hamburger and season if desired. (drain & set aside)
- Heat oil in a skillet to Med. and add tortilla.
- Let tortilla bubble and brown and then flip over and do the same to the other side.
- Set crispy tortilla aside on a paper towel. (If making multiple, fry all of your tortillas now)
- Heat up your re-fried beans (with any extra sauce or salsa you’d like-I just use the microwave)
- Spread beans on your fried tortillas, then add beef and cheese.
- Pop into a microwave until cheese is melted (approximately 30-60 sec)
- Add lettuce, tomatoes and sour cream.
- Cut into slices with a pizza cutter and serve.