Okay, so I might have fibbed a little bit in the title, these don’t actually contain any ice cream….WAIT, DON’T GO YET! These make a good fill-in for when you’re craving ice cream, but don’t want all the extra calories. They are light and sweet and a cool little treat for dessert or a mid-afternoon indulgence, plus they are super easy to make ahead of time for when you’re ready for them. The first time I had these, I was in college and a friend pulled them out of her freezer for us, I couldn’t believe how simple and yummy they were! I had since kinda forgotten about them, until recently. I have been trying to eat smarter and although I don’t usually crave sweets, it has been a huge problem lately for some reason. No, I’m not pregnant, but I’m sure my hormones are still all out of whack from baby #3 so I blame them (the hormones, not the kids). Anyways, in order to try to keep myself away from worse options, I was trying to think of lighter ways to satisfy my sweet tooth and these came back into my life. Check ’em out!
- Chocolate Graham Crackers
- Light or Original Whipped Topping (from a tub like Cool Whip)
- Spoon approximately 2 Tbs. of whipped topping in-between halves of graham crackers.
- Place in freezer for approximately 2 hrs. for whipped topping to set.
- When you’re ready for a little sweet treat, pull out and enjoy!