A few weeks ago, a couple friends and I bought a Groupon for a thing called Social Suppers, where you pick out menu items and go put them together for an immediate meal to make when you get home or to freeze. They do all the prep-work, provision of the ingredients and best of all, they clean up after you. All of the ingredients, measuring tools and storage bags are ready for you in different stations. It was fun, I think some appetizers and wine would have made it more fun. I liked 2 of my 4 items, so I don’t know if I would do it again unless the menu changed. This recipe was one that I liked and will make again, plus it’s really simple. I would serve this with mashed potatoes and fresh garlic butter green beans. It has a nice juicy center with a salty crunchy (faux fried) exterior. I know it can be hard to figure out another recipe to fit into the rotation of dinner options, but chicken is cheap and this makes a good family friendly option. Enjoy!
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 egg (beaten)
- 2 Tbs. milk
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 cup butter (melted)
- Preheat oven to 375 and lightly spray shallow dish with cooking spray.
- Whisk together egg and milk and let chicken soak in it.
- Combine flour, Parmesan cheese, paprika, salt and pepper in a bowl.
- Dredge soaked chicken in dry mixture until completely coated and place in pan.
- Drizzle melted butter evenly over chicken breasts.
- Bake for approximately 35 min. or until cheese is melted and chicken is cooked through.