I have a confession…..I don’t like water. I really just don’t care for it. Yeah, I know it’s good for me, but it is still a struggle. I like really ice cold water after working out or at nighttime and that’s about it. I’ve been trying to do better. I saw all of these amazing people on Facebook after New Year’s, doing the gallon challenge. I cannot even imagine drinking a gallon of water a day. Anyways, it was impressive. Did you know that over 66% of Americans don’t drink enough water on a daily basis? So what can we do? I want to be committed to my health and well-being. Will you join me? Here are some tips for drinking more water.
1. Set a realistic goal, write it down and keep in a place where you see it often. Maybe even have someone hold you accountable or make it a contest and put a prize up for the winner.
2. Carry a water bottle around with you so that it’s a constant reminder and makes it easy for you to sip away.
3. Use an app to help you keep track of water intake. (Waterlogged, TapIt Water, OasisPlaces, WeTap, or Carbodroid)
4. Use a straw. It lets you drink more water faster.
5. Eat foods with high water content, such as melons, grapefruit, salads, tomatoes or cucumbers.
6. Eat really spicy food! That will encourage you to drink more water! Hahaha, but it really does.
7. If you don’t like the taste of the water out of your faucet, invest in a good water filter pitcher.
8. And one of my favorites, use an Infuser Water Bottle to infuse your water with flavor from fruits and veggies or tea! This makes your water not seem so boring and you get to customize it however you like.
Okay, let’s talk more about that last one. So I’d never really seen infused water before this past year. And now it is trending everywhere, but for good reason! It makes for really pretty, healthy, yummy water! Plus it is super simple. Just cut up your favorite fruits or veggies and toss them or tea into the infusion basket, make sure everything on bottom is screwed on tight and fill the top with water, screw on lid, give it a little shake and let it sit for at least 10 minutes for the magic to start working. The longer it sits, the more infused it will become. I like the simple flavor of some oranges or strawberries and I love adding ice cubes to mine, but there are so many possibilities. Check out these combinations and their benefits.
-Green tea+Mint+Lime: Fat burning, digestion, relieves headaches, congestion & freshens breath
-Strawberry+Kiwi: Immune system protection, blood sugar regulation, cardiovascular health & digestion
-Cucumber+Lime+Lemon: Water weight management, appetite control, relieves bloating, hydration & digestion
-Lemon+Lime+Orange: Digestion, immune defense, vitamin C & helps relieve heartburn (when consumed at room temperature)
Now, the bottle is not a miracle worker, so you still have to be disciplined and conscience of your water intake, but it is really helpful! It is cute, so I’m more likely to carry it around. It is sturdy, eco-friendly, BPA free, dishwasher safe and leak proof. All the things I look for in a good water bottle. But that’s not it, it also comes with a free sports backpack, fitness Ebook and 100% money back guarantee. So you really don’t have anything to loose. One of my favorite things about it, is that my kids know that it’s special so they get excited about drinking the infused water too. The only thing that I feel like it’s missing is a spout on the lid, but otherwise, it’s great! Do you like water? What are some tips you have for drinking more water? What is your favorite ingredient to infuse into water?
I was given the opportunity to sample a Live Infinitely Infusion Water bottle for free in exchange for my review. All thoughts and opinions are my own and are unbiased.