I love perfectly ripe bananas, but the time frame that they are perfectly ripe is very short…..like 5 seconds. Well, that’s a slight exaggeration, but only slight. With that being said, I usually have a freezer full of overripe bananas. I have a delicious Banana Crumb Muffin recipe that is my go to, but sometimes I’m craving something a little sweeter, a little chocolateyer…..is that a word? It totally should be. Anyways, this is another recipe with the perfect mixture of yum for all those bananas piling up in your freezer.
- 1 cup white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 4 mashed over ripe bananas
- 1 1/2 cup flour
- 1/2 cup baking cocoa (unsweetened)
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 generous cup of mini or reg. semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat your oven to 340°.
- In a large bowl, cream together your sugar, oil and eggs.
- Then mix in your vanilla and squishy mashed bananas
- In a separate bowl, stir together all of the remaining dry ingredients.
- Gradually stir dry mixture into wet mixture just until combined. Don’t over mix.
- Grease and flour your loaf pan (to prevent sticking) and then pour in your batter.
- Bake for approximately 60 min. Check center to make sure it is done all the way through. If utensil does not come out clean, bake for another 5-10 min, then check again. It will have a beautiful cracked top. If you pull it out too soon, the middle will not be done and it will sink in.
- Serve warm or room temperature with a delicious glass of milk!