What You Need:
-Gloves or Towel
-Clear Light Bulb
-Needle Nose Pliers
-Small Screwdriver or something long skinny & pointed on end (like my metal kabob skewer)
-Flowers & Water
1. Please wear gloves to protect your hands and fingers. Over a trash can, use your pliers to carefully grab and work up the button on the end of the light bulb. Once up on all sides, grip with pliers and twist until it is removed. Discard.
2. There will be a little hole in the middle, so you will take your small screwdriver or other tool and carefully pop/break out the black area until it’s gone. This is glass so be careful!
3. Then you will have to break out the filament, which also has a decent amount of glass. Be careful not to puncture your bulb. Once you have it all broken up inside of the bulb and the wires are unattached, shake out the glass & discard.
4. Find a way that you want to display your vase. You can put small sticky felt circles on the the bottom like I did to help it stand up straight, glue a large washer on the bottom, hang from the wall with twine or find something sturdy to set it on as a base so it doesn’t tip over. Be creative!
5. Add a little water, your flowers and then proudly display your work! This is very fragile, so please keep out of reach of children and/or clumsy people….so I need to give this away as a gift really soon! LOL! But I do love the little pop of color the mums give to my kitchen.
What do you think? Not too hard right?